- Best Electric Nail Drills for Beginners / Home Use
- Top Professional Nail Drills for Nail Technician
- What is a Nail Drill?
- Types of Nail Drills
- Choosing a Nail Drill
Whether it is at home or in a salon, a nail drill can prove to be useful in more ways than one. From sanding to shaping nails, it will be an excellent investment. There are models that are designed for beginners, which are ideal for home use. Meanwhile, there are also more advanced options, which are perfect for professionals with discerning preferences.
With too many options that are available, which one should you choose? If you need help in deciding, keep on reading and I will help you pick the best nail drill on the market. Whether you are a novice or a pro, there is a product that is perfect for your needs. This post also identifies the benefits of having a nail drill and the essential factors to consider when buying.
Best Electric Nail Drills for Beginners / Home Use
The first three products mentioned are rated for beginners and home use. The last four products, on the other hand, are for pros and ideal for those who work in salons. The table below will provide you with a glimpse of these products.
|PureNails 7-piece Manicure and Pedicure System||7 bits||$$|
|Subay Electric Nail Drill||6 metal bits, 6 sanding bands||$|
|Beurer MP62 Electric Nail Drill||10 bits||$$|
|Belle Nail Drill Machine||6 bits||$$|
|Makartt Electric Nail Drill: Best for Acrylic Nails||3 bits||$$|
|Luraco Nail Drill||1 bits||$$$|
|ZENY Nail Drill Machine||6 bits, 5 sanding bands||$$|
PureNails 7-piece Manicure and Pedicure System
Versatility – this is one of the many reasons why you might want to consider this product above its competitors. There are seven attachments, each is coated with sapphire. It can be used for filing, shortening, buffing, and shining nails. It will provide you with salon-quality nails in the comfort of your own home.
Aside from having multiple functions, another thing that makes it versatile is that there are two-speed settings, providing you with the option to choose which one is suitable for a specific task. For the treatment of delicate areas, choose the low speed. For more difficult spots, on the other hand, choose a faster speed.
The LED light attachment is also a great feature of this product. With the latter, it makes it easy to see every part of your nail, even if you are working in an area that is poorly lit.
There is an AC adapter that is included upon the purchase of the product, which means that there is no need to worry about having a drained battery. The power cord is low and there is no need for your movements to be limited.
Lastly, to be guaranteed of your satisfaction, the manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty.
Subay Electric Nail Drill
This pen-shaped nail drill is an excellent choice for beginners, especially for those who are on a budget. Given its affordable price, this is one thing that you should have at home if you love doing your own nails.
Aside from the nail drill machine, there are also six metal grinding drill bits, five buffing heads, and bonus sanding bands. The latter will offer versatility as it will allow you to use the nail drill in different ways.
The metallic material that is used in this product is also a plus. It is lightweight, which will allow you to hold it in a comfortable manner, even for an extended time. It will reduce fatigue. It is also smooth when it is held in your hand. You can bring it with you when you travel because of its compact size.
Lastly, the nail drill comes with a speed that ranges from 0 to 20,000 RPM. This is another reason why it is perfect for numerous tasks.
Beurer MP62 Electric Nail Drill
With 10 drill bits, this is another option that will be great for beginners and home use. All of the attachments are made of sapphire, which will provide you with a guarantee of their long-term functionality. You can use it in many ways!
The LED light is also a good add-on feature. This provides the illumination that you need for more precise results.
To give you full control when using the nail drill, there is an adjustable speed. You can customize the rotations per minute based on the speed that is desired. More so, you can also choose the direction of the rotation, whether it is clockwise or counter-clockwise.
It also comes with a dust shield. The main purpose of the latter is to shield and control the dust when you are drilling or filing.
Lastly, there is a convenient storage case that is included. This will make it easy to organize all the bits, making sure that none of them will be lost.
Top Professional Nail Drills for Nail Technician
Belle Nail Drill Machine
The powerful motor is one of the best assets of this product, making it possible to deliver performance that is hard to match. The speed of the motor can reach a maximum of 30,000 rotations per minute. You can adjust the speed based on your personal needs.
For your safety, it should also be noted that it comes with high-quality components. For instance, the wires are UL-certified, which means that they offer overcurrent, voltage, internal temperature, and short circuit protection.
The design of the ergonomic grip will also be well-loved in this product. It is sleek and comes with a smooth pad, which will make it comfortable to hold. However, one problem is that with extended use, it is possible that the nail drill can easily get hot.
This multipurpose nail drill kit comes with 6 interchangeable bits, which can be used for filing, buffing, and smoothing nails. Even for the removal of calluses and excess cuticles, this can prove to be useful.
Makartt Electric Nail Drill: Best for Acrylic Nails
This is another powerful nail drill that should be included in your list of choices. It has a continuous variable speed, which can be customized from 0 to 30,000 RPM. To add, there is also an option for forward or reverse rotation. To make it even more powerful, there are also high-speed bearings.
Another thing that makes this a well-loved option is the fact that it produces minimal noise and vibration. This means that you will be able to use it for an extended period while being guaranteed of your comfort. This is unlike many drills that can easily get hot.
Designed for professional use, this product comes with a LED display, which will make it easy to monitor the speed of the unit. There is also a sliding control that will make it easy to change the speed as desired. For your convenience, there is an option to use the foot pedal for hands-free operation of this nail drill.
The replacement of the grinding bits can be easy for the user to accomplish. One reason for this is the high-torque motor and the twist lock chuck system.
Luraco Nail Drill
The expensive price of this product is one of the reasons why its use is mostly exclusive to the professionals. The cost, however, is easy to be justified given the premium construction and top-notch features. However, some of you may have qualms as this is not as popular as the other products that have been mentioned above.
It has a compact and lightweight body, which makes it excellent in terms of portability. You can bring it almost anywhere. This is perfect for professionals who do nails outside of the salon. It is rechargeable and battery-powered, which means that there is no need to worry about cords.
While it can be operated through the battery, there is also a wall plug that is included, which makes it versatile. You can use it corded or cordless, depending on which is more convenient for you.
For your comfort, the unit produces low vibration and low noise. This can be effective in the reduction of fatigue, especially with extended use.
ZENY Nail Drill Machine
One of the reasons why you will love this professional nail drill is that there are many accessories that are included, allowing it to provide the best bang for the buck. Aside from the actual machine, you will also have finger separator, cradle, nail art rhinestone wheel, bits, nail art brush, and sanding bands.
For your convenience, it is also a good thing that you can use it in a manner that is hands-free. The kit is also inclusive of a foot pedal, which can be easily activated without the need to exert too much pressure.
When it is time to change the bits, there is no need to worry. This is one thing that you can easily do without the use of any tool. There is a mechanical collet that ensures the bit will stay secured in its position. This also makes it easy to pull the bit when it is time for a replacement.
What is a Nail Drill?
Also known as a nail file, a nail drill is an equipment that can be used for shaping both natural and acrylic nails. It is commonly found in salons, which are the ones that are designed for professionals. Meanwhile, there are also some that are designed for home-use, which are simple in terms of design and the perfect choice for beginners.
A nail drill can be expensive, especially those that are designed for the pros. Those that are for beginners, meanwhile, are more affordable. Nonetheless, cost should not be an issue. This is especially given the many benefits of a nail drill, which are quick and effective. They can also be used whether in toenails or fingernails.
Types of Nail Drills
One of the best ways to categorize a nail drill would be based on its users. With this, here are their two general classifications:
- Nail Drills for Beginners: They are usually cheaper and more affordable. They are designed with the needs of novices in mind, which is why they are user-friendly. In most cases, they come in a pen style and is cordless.
- Nail Drills for Professionals: These are the more advanced nail drills. They usually have a separate motor and have more controls, providing the pros with the ability to customize different settings based on what is required for a specific task.
More so, another good way to classify the nail drills would be on the basis of their design and source of power.
- Corded Nail Drill: These are electric models. They have a power cord and with this, they are usually the one that is more powerful. The problem with this nail drill is that the cord can get in your way and can be annoying at times.
- Cordless Nail Drill: If you want more freedom to move, this is the type of nail drill that will work best for your needs. It is battery-powered. They are portable, but the problem is that power is limited based on the battery.
Choosing a Nail Drill
To make it easier to narrow down the options that are available, below are some of the most important things that you should take into consideration:
- Price: The first thing that you have to do is to have a set budget in mind. When you know how much you can spend, it is easier to narrow down the choices that you will have. Nonetheless, be sure to look beyond the price. You should not mind buying a more expensive product if this is tantamount to enjoying top-notch quality.
- Reviews: You should also find the time to check what other people are saying about a specific product. One of the best ways to do this is to go online and look at the reviews of past users. Many of them are sharing real-life experiences, which is an easy way to weigh the good and the bad from the choices that you have.
- Ease of Use: This is especially important for nail drill for beginners. There should be user-friendly features. Especially when changing the bits, you must be able to do so without the need to exert too much effort.
- Speed: One of the technical details that you should evaluate is the RPM or revolutions per minute, which is indicative of the speed that can be delivered by the nail drill. Those with faster speed are ideal for acrylic nails and professional use. The slower speed, meanwhile, will work best for natural nails.
- Versatility: There are many things that will make the nail drill versatile. For instance, it will be good if it comes with an interchangeable speed so that you can customize it based on what is needed. More importantly, there should be several bits that you can use for multiple applications, such as filing, shaping, and even removing calluses.
- Comfort: You should also take a look at the overall design of the nail drill and see to it that it will deliver the highest level of comfort. If there is an ergonomic design, this can result in lessened fatigue, which is important for machines that are meant for professional use. It must be lightweight and compact. It should not be easily prone to overheating.
- Vibration and Noise: These are two things that are directly related to the comfort associated with the use of the nail drill. If there are low vibration and low noise, you will be able to concentrate more on the task.
- Light: This is one feature that is not present in all nail drills but a good one to have. If there is a LED light, you will be provided with illumination, which will be useful if you are working in dim environments. This makes it easy to see the nails and to be assured of precise work.
- Hands-free Operations: Although not necessary, you will also benefit from choosing a nail drill that comes with a free foot pedal. The latter will allow you to enjoy hands-free operation of the equipment.
- Durability: No one would surely want a product that will not last long. Such will only be a waste of money. When evaluating your options, see to it that they are made of premium materials that can withstand wear and tear, especially in the case of the bits.
- Maintenance: Choose a nail drill that does not require a lot of effort in terms of cleaning and maintenance. This will make it possible to maintain the peak performance of the product without the need to exert too much effort on your end.
- Warranty: This is important as it can provide you with peace of mind. Choose a product that comes with an extensive warranty coverage. This means that you are covered by the manufacturer against defects, provided that you abide by the terms and conditions that have been specified.
Whether you have a salon or you just love doing your own nails at home, a nail drill is one equipment that you need to have. They will be useful in a variety of ways, allowing you to have perfect nails in an instant. Take time to evaluate the possibilities and consider the products that have been mentioned above to make a decision that won’t bring regrets.